of the Zeller Oldies
Austrian Icehockey Classic
Zeller Oldies Est. 1980
The traditional tournament of the Zeller Oldies is a sporting and social highlight, which takes place every two years now for the 16h time. The most important component of the tournament, besides the sporting competition, is the social aspect. Since 1988 thousands of hockey fans have enjoyed their stay in the center of Europe.
The tournament will be held from Wednesday, September 29th to Sunday, October 3rd 2021. We will start on Wednesday at 6am and finish with our victory ceremony during our Hockey Night on Saturday. All the teams should plan their arrival and duration of their stay accordingly – every team must be able to play their first game on the first day of the tournament, if necessary.
In response to many requests as well as in consideration of travel times the tournament will officially end with the Hockey Night at the Castle Kaprun.
The victory ceremony will take place at 9pm – trophies and medals will be presented to the team captains and afterwards we will commence our Hockey Night with an open end. We`ll have several live bands and yes, the Hurricanes will also be back.
The official castle evening at the historic Kaprun Castle is an essential part of the tournament with a high organizational and financial effort and therefore obligatory for all participants. Accordingly € 40,- per player, which will be invoiced in advance with the tournament fee, will help cover the costs of the exclusive castle rental, several live bands, folklore performance, transfers, including 2 drinks. As every team should consist of a minimum of 11 players, we have taken this number as a basis for our calculations. If a team has more than 11 players we will recalculate your costs at the beginning of the tournament.
COVID requirements can change the course of the tournament evening or lead to the cancellation of this part of the event! In the case of cancellation, the payments made for the castle evening will be refunded!
Hockey Night tickets for non-players will be available for € 40,–
All participants have the opportunity to consume their dinner beforehand – the bus shuttles to the Castle Kaprun will start from 8pm. The entry wrist bands and drink vouchers for the castle will be given to you at the beginning of the tournament. Late entries possible in the tournament office.
The 1st Austrian Icehockey Classic Golf Trophy will take place on Tuesday, September 28th.
You will find the invitation and announcement of the golf trophy attached.
It would be great to welcome many participants.
Find more information here.
Mode of Play
The tournament will be played in four age groups:
- Group 1: age 40 and better
- Group 2: age 50 and better
- Group 3: age 60 and better
- Group 4: age 70 and better
Usage of `under–age`players is allowed as follows:
- in group 1: 5 players between age 35 – 40
- in group 2: 5 players between age 45 – 50
- in group 3: 5 players between age 55 – 60
- in group 4: 5 players between age 65 – 70
official playing time is 2 x 15 minutes net (stop time)
The registration form including all the necessary details and preferred age group can be filled in here latest until 15th March 2021. Registrations will be treated on a first come first serve base. Maximum number of teams is 32.
The tournament fee of € 940,– is composed of the registration fee of € 500,– per team as well as the costs for a minimum of 11 players attending the Hockey Night. Tickets for additional players can be purchased at the beginning of the Tournament.
- ice rink rental
- minimum of 4 games
- time keeping
- game statistics
- first aid
- trophies and medals for all participants
- team picture
- skate sharpening
- Hockey Night @Castle Kaprun incl. shuttle service
- 2 drinks per player at the Castle
In the case of a withdrawal from the tournament after July 15th 2021, the tournament fee will be forfeited.
Payment and Accounting Information
After receiving the invoice, the tournament fee of € 950,– has to be transferred to the following account:
Account holder: Hockey World Helmuth Mayer & Mitges.
Name of bank: Salzburger Landeshypothekenbank AG,
Postplatz 1, A-5700 Zell am See
IBAN: AT05 5500 0002 1700 2033
- Registration until March 15th 2021
- Confirmation only through the organizer
- Participation will only be secured after payment of the tournament fee (€ 950,–) immediately after confirmation of entry.
- Announcement of your desired hotel category (bed and breakfast, half board or all-in as far as available), arrival and departure date and the number of double or single rooms.
- Zell am See is an internationally well-known tourist destination and has high occupancy rates, even at this time of the year. Only in the case of a timely reservation all your hotel wishes can be considered and your entire team can possibly be booked in one of our partner hotels.
- Accommodation Pre-Reservation is done by the Tournament Organizers
- Send your team roster (name, number, position, age), team picture, team logo – until 1st August 2021 for the tournament brochure
A team must consist of a minimum of 10 players and 1 goalie. The tournament will be played under the regulations of the IIHF without body check and slap shot. All the refereeing will be handled by official Icehockey Federation referees.
Partner Hotels / Accommodation
After the pre-reservation made by us and confirmation by our partner hotel, the further booking and payment process takes place directly between the participants and the hotel.
The following partner hotels are available:
Hotel **** with Half Board
- Voucher for a reduced green fee and golf equipment at the 36 hole golf course Zell am See-Kaprun, to be redeemed on payment at the golf course.
- Booking of a reduced green fee directly at the tournament office at the ice rink for a special price of € 55,- for 18 holes at the golf course Zell am See-Kaprun.
“All-In” means the offer includes breakfast, lunch, 4-course Dinner incl. salads and all “housedrinks” (softdrinks, beer and wine)
Half Board includes Breakfast, Dinner
Bed and Breakfast includes Breakfast
Zell am See (ZaS) Sommercard (Attention – not included in all Partner Hotels)
Offers up to 40 attractions including the Schmittenhöhe, Kitzsteinhorn, hiking adventure Maiskogel, Kaprun High Mountain Reservoires, Boat Tour on Lake Zell, indoor swimming pool, public transport, and many more – free of charge.
Upon arrival, you receive the card at the Hotel reception – enjoy and design your stay in our region without additional payments.
@ Zell am See – Kaprun you will find the list of all included attractions.
We can support you getting your airport transfers organized and if you need any assistance for excursions do not hesitate to contact the organizing team.
You can visit these links for further recreational as well as cultural possibilities around our mountain town. Upon request we will, of course, arrange a separate individual program, so do not hesitate to contact us.
and many many more
Online Tournament Registration
Of course we will try to fulfill your hotel requirements. Depending on the free capacities, however, it may be necessary to move to another Partner Hotel – the same standard / category is guaranteed. In this case we will contact you immediately.
After the pre-reservation made by as and confirmation by our partner hotel, the further booking and payment process takes place directly between the participants and the hotel.